BSC uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives, and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
BSC Group is seeking an entry level – 3-year civil designer in our West Yarmouth office to become part of our Civil/Site Group: a team of experienced and talented civil engineers and designers who promote a creative, challenging and collaborative work environment. This position will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of civil/site engineering, public and private land development, stormwater management and infrastructure projects from conceptual design through construction.
A successful team member must:
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone)
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
Successful candidates should have the ability and desire to work in a team environment; sound verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; experience in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite; experience in the production of plans, including grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, utilities and construction details; and the desire to make a difference.
This position may support our land surveying group with data collection, field calculations, research, development of land information databases and performing title searches.
Requirements for the position are:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years related experience
- EIT certification or the ability to take the FE exam within six months of hire
- MA Licensed Soil Evaluator desired, but not essential
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience
- Must have sound verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and responsible individual with strong work ethic
- Related co-op or internship experience
- Experience in land surveying is a plus.
BSC offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We’re focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.