BSC uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
A successful team member must:
- Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
Our Civil Site Designer/Engineer position requires a BS in Civil Engineering and experience in land development and site design, particularly utility, grading and drainage design, with proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3-D, and HydroCAD. Preferred candidates should have an EIT and be on track to prepare for the Professional Engineer (PE) registration exam or currently have a PE registration. The responsibilities of this position include the independent preparation of site plans that meet the needs of our clients and obtaining approvals from local and state regulatory agencies. The successful candidate will develop expertise in working with public and private clients and will interact with clients.
Job requirements include:
- A passion for advancing the civil engineering profession and for sharing that passion!
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- PE registration or EIT with desire to attain PE
- Demonstrated Organizational, Problem Solving and Communication Skills
We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. Some of our team members are 100% remote and some enjoy an office environment. However, the majority of BSC’s workforce embraces a hybrid model, which allows people to work from home, job sites, and other remote locations, as well as any of our office locations when necessary. While this position may be required to travel to offices or client meetings on occasion, this position can be filled from anywhere in the New England area.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We’re focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.