BSC Group, an interdisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting company, is seeking an entrepreneurial individual to help expand our climate adaptation services discipline. This position requires technical proficiency to address 21st century challenges relative to climate adaptation and resilience in the public, private, transportation, and energy market sectors. A successful candidate for this position will excel in the following four priority areas: 1) apply innovative solutions to land use development challenges related to climate change, 2) promote and sell BSC’s climate adaptation services to new and existing clients within MA, NH, and CT, 3) represent BSC at networking, training, and professional events, and 4) champion efforts within the BSC organization intended to integrate climate resilient solutions across our project portfolio. A successful candidate for this position must be motivated by a collaborative work environment with opportunity for professional growth.
A successful application for the position will possess the following background and skills:
- Ideally 4-6 years of professional experience with explicit knowledge of best practices relative to climate adaptation and resilience.
- A background in Planning, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Ecological Science, or Public Policy/Administration is preferred however candidates with other disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Project management experience is preferred. Candidates with experience developing strategic programmatic initiatives are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written communication skills. This candidate must be enthusiastic about writing and to convey complex ideas to a diverse audience of readers. Common writing tasks include: grant applications, proposals, technical reports (e.g. vulnerability assessments, resilience plans), conference abstracts, and client correspondence.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Candidates must be comfortable presenting before audiences that may include project clients or project stakeholders, community interest groups, industry organizations, technical board or commissions.
Competitive salary benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered. Some travel within Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut is required.