The Director of IT Services is the senior position for technology at BSC Group; therefore, this position is responsible for IT Strategy, software systems, Infrastructure, and the day-to-day support of the user community. Most importantly, this position is responsible for providing efficient and reliable technology to enable the short- and long-term success of this growing Civil Engineering company.
- Management –Lead the IT team, direct report (Manager), help desk staff and external talent (3rd party).
- IT Operations – Oversee daily technical operations, ensure systems up time, develop SLAs.
- Software Portfolio – responsible for building on the existing Software Portfolio of solutions. Understanding the software needed to drive business growth and success.
- IT Steering Committee Member –you are a member of the CEO’s Technology Steering Committee, along with the CEO, CFO, and key Business Leaders.
- IT Strategy – develop and maintain a multi-year IT Strategic Plan that supports the business plan.
- Project Management – oversee all stages of IT Projects, from initial definition, budget development, solution evaluation and selection, development, pilot, rollout, and post-implementation support.
- Relationships & Communication – maintain healthy relationships with internal clients from the C-level on down. Example: communicate proactively when aware of system maintenance downtime.
- Manage Schedule – maintain a schedule for technical talent (internal and 3rd party) to ensure adequate support of the business. Schedule IT work to minimize downtime for the Engineering staff.
- Standard Operating Procedures – Take the lead in the development, documentation, and maintenance of IT Processes, Policies, and Standards.
- Vendor Management – Build a portfolio of quality 3rd party service providers. Ensure that BSC is getting quality services for a good price.
- Telecommunications – responsible for Local Area Networks in each corporate office, the corporate Wide Area Network, and the infrastructure, devices, and services to deliver high availability of telecom.
- Budget – Responsible for the development and management of the IT department’s annual budget. Be aware of expenses in your area and be vigilant in striving to reduce total expense.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity – Educate business leaders on the importance of Business Continuity. Build a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan with business leaders.
- Information & Digital Security – understand compliance rules, local and federal laws as it pertains to the protection of PII – Personally Identifiable Information and BSC Intellectual Property (IP).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Cloud based system design and administration
- Design of AWS and/or Azure VM/workspace (cloud based)
- Industry standard certifications
- Network design
- System administration
- Software security
- Windows server administration
- Fortinet firewall administration
- AWS or Azure advanced networking
- Telephone and phone system design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to manage large projects
- Engineering and/or Architecture Industry and related systems (i.e. CAD, GIS) knowledge a plus
- Database experience a plus
TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong project management skills
- Sense of ownership
- Sense of urgency
- Service oriented
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Network Architecture, Network System Administration or related field required
- Minimum of 8 years of computer technology related experience
- Minimum of 3 years in management position of a technology group
- Experience in all phases of system development lifecycle
- Responsibility developing and maintaining Information Security solutions