BSC Group, an interdisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting company, is seeking a qualified, energetic, motivated Ecological Project Manager to work with our Connecticut team either out of our Glastonbury, Connecticut office or home/field office to easily serve work throughout New England (mainly in western Massachusetts and Connecticut). BSC uses design, engineering, science and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our communities and clients. Our firm is a leader in providing integrated planning and engineering solutions to public and private sector clients for land development, transportation, and energy projects throughout New England. Our consulting staff represents the best talents in planning, engineering, regulatory permitting and ecological science, landscape architecture, land surveying, and spatial information systems.
A successful applicant for the position will possess the following skills:
- Ideally has at least 4+ years professional experience in water resources/wetland science/ecology/natural resources/wetland delineations and regulation in New England;
- BS in Environmental or Biological Sciences, or related field, with wetland delineation and regulatory experience. MS a plus;
- Prior experience managing ecological projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to produce well-written reports and regulatory compliance documents; public hearing/presentation experience; and ability provide superior client services and to interact successfully with internal teams;
- Must be able to prioritize and respond to multiple client demands and manage time effectively;
- Have the ability and willingness to travel to project sites within New England;
- Certified CT Soil Scientist or the ability to become a soil scientist a plus;
- Experience working with utility clients a plus;
- GIS skills a plus.
The selected candidate will have a passion for client services, technical excellence including office and field work in support of our ecological science team goals and creating and participating in dynamic teams. Candidates should also possess strong leadership skills, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with the BSC. A successful candidate must be able to work as a team member or as a team leader, depending on specific project needs.
Typical responsibilities may include managing projects, leading field efforts, attending site walks with clients, conducting wetland delineations using local, state, and federal delineation methodologies; preparing proposals including scopes and budgets, budget management and task assigning; preparing permit applications; presenting in public hearings (i.e. Conservation Commission/Inland Wetlands Commission); and interacting with various contractors, state and federal agencies, as well as clients. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively as a team member as well as work independently on assigned tasks.
The ability and willingness to travel to project sites within central and southern New England is also required (CT and MA mainly).
Competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness (IDEA) are core values at BSC Group. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for team members, clients, and our communities. We believe every member of the BSC team enriches our diversity and fosters better understanding, identifying challenges and the ability to discover, design, and deliver better solutions.