BSC Group, an interdisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting company, is seeking qualified, energetic, motivated individuals for our Worcester or Andover, MA offices, or the NH area. Our firm specializes in engineering and design; wetland, wildlife and other natural resources assessments; environmental impact analysis; permitting and regulatory compliance; landscape architecture, and GIS services for public, private and utility clients.
Successful applicants for the two open positions will possess the following skills:
- Ideally has 1 – 2 years’ experience, or experience as an intern in environmental/wetland science and regulation;
- BS in Environmental or Biological Sciences, or related field. MS a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to respond successfully to multiple demands and manage time effectively;
- Strong interest in wetland science, wildlife, fisheries, or related disciplines a plus;
- CADD/GIS skills a plus.
Typical responsibilities will include conducting wetland delineations using local, state, and federal delineation methodologies; preparing permit applications, conducting ecological research, compliance/construction monitoring and reporting; analyzing impacts; collecting data and transferring data to appropriate reporting forms, and interacting with various state and federal agencies, as well as clients. Successful candidates will be trained and mentored.
Successful candidates must be able to work collaboratively as a team member as well as work independently on assigned tasks.
The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel within central and southern New England are also required, including spending some overnights close to field work locations. The selected candidates will have a passion for technical excellence, an ability to contribute to productive and dynamic teamwork, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with BSC.