BSC Group, an interdisciplinary environmental consulting company, is seeking a qualified and energetic GIS Technician to join our Worcester office. Under the general supervision of BSC’s GIS Team, the motivated candidate will mainly assist drafting and finalizing professional mapping documents for permitting and siting requirements across New England. Other responsibilities will include field-collected GPS data digitization, data analysis, and supporting database management. Candidates should possess strong communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure and aggressive client schedules. A successful application for the position will possess the following background and skills:
- A working knowledge of the ESRI GIS desktop software suite (ArcGIS 10.x, ArcGIS Pro)
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and its applications (Collector, Survey123, Story Maps)
- A strong understanding of GIS principles, standards, concepts, and data types
- Experience designing, maintaining, and SQL querying geodatabases and GIS datasets
- Familiarity with handheld GPS equipment (Trimble, EOS), data dictionaries, and field data collection
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to research and troubleshoot technical issues
- Knowledge of ModelBuilder and Python programming is a plus
- Graphic Design experience and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth, etc.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and expand GIS knowledge and skillsets
- Ability to obtain an FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot License
The successful applicant will play a key role in a wide variety of energy, ecological, and public/private sector projects, providing detail-oriented GIS support where required. Competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered. Some travel within Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut may be necessary.
Job Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in GIS/Geography/Environmental Science or a closely related field. Approximately 1 to 3 years of post-degree experience using GIS in a project-based environment.