BSC is seeking an experienced and energetic transportation engineering professional for the role of Group Manager of Transportation Engineering Services. The Group Manager of Transportation Engineering Services will lead the highway, traffic and structural engineering disciplines within our transportation services. The Group provides structural, roadway, and civil/highway services to transportation agencies, municipalities and private clients across New England. This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the business and continue to diversify the client base. This position can be based in any of our Massachusetts offices.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of the leadership team in a growing company. You will join a collaborative, interdisciplinary team with an established practice, and be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, pursuing new opportunities, and strengthening BSC’s market share in New England. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of projects, business strategy, client development, staff development, and operational oversight.
- Oversee the highway, traffic and structural engineering disciplines within the firm’s Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Hampshire offices
- Manage the discipline leads, ensure adherence to project budgets and schedules, guide the design of projects, ensure QA/QC is performed on all deliverables, and monitor workload and staff utilization
- In conjunction with the Transportation, Public and Private Market Sector Leaders, assist with developing and implementing strategies to grow the firm’s market share and diversify the client base
- Prepare annual revenue forecasts and budgets, monitor performance of the transportation group, and secure projects that align with the interests and skill sets of the group
- Actively participate in industry leadership roles and assist in organizing BSC’s participation at transportation industry events
- Mentor staff with technical and project management competencies; inspire and enable others to succeed
- Guide staff to proactively engage, manage and grow relationships with clients, to secure additional projects and assignments and assist with the growth of the company
- Proactively facilitate collaboration and workshare with other offices across the firm
- Expand transportation services into new markets, including rail
- A diverse project management background and an understanding of all aspects of project development, design standards and policies for a variety of transportation clients such as MassDOT, MBTA, MassPort and locally administered federal aid transportation projects.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Proven success in developing new clients and expanding into new transportation markets
- Strategic thinking to envision and deliver a growing transportation practice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be diplomatic
- Knowledge of local, regional, and potentially national transportation initiatives and capital funding programs
- Ability to recruit additional highway, traffic and structural and rail/transit talent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s Degree is preferred
- Massachusetts Professional Engineer registration. Connecticut and New Hampshire registrations also desirable
- Minimum of 15 – 25 years Transportation engineering experience