BSC Group, an interdisciplinary environmental consulting company, is seeking a qualified, energetic, motivated individual for our Manchester, NH office. Our firm specializes in engineering and design; wetland, wildlife and other natural resources assessment; environmental impact analysis; permitting and regulatory compliance; landscape architecture, and GIS services for public, private and utility clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- 2-5 years professional experience in water resources/wetland science and regulation, with wetland delineation and impact assessment, watershed management and water quality assessments, and ecological restoration experience.
- BS in Environmental or Biological Sciences, or related field, MS a plus.
- Experience with local, state (NH, MA) and federal (New England) wetland permitting programs. Knowledge of RI and/or CT state regulations a plus.
- Ability to prepare Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, conduct compliance monitoring, and assist in selection of stormwater BMPs to impaired waters. Experience with innovative BMPs a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Including: ability to produce well-written reports and regulatory compliance documents; public hearing/presentation experience; ability to interact successfully with regulatory personnel.
- Experience in coastal and inland wetland science, wildlife, fisheries, or related disciplines a plus.
- Experience in linear permitting a plus
Typical responsibilities include conducting wetland delineations using local, state, and federal delineation methodologies; preparing permit applications, conducting ecological studies, compliance/construction monitoring and reporting; analyzing impacts; and interacting with various state and federal agencies, as well as clients.
Successful candidate must be able to work successfully as a team member or as a team leader, depending on candidate skill level and project needs. In some cases, the successful candidate will be a project manager; in other cases will be responsible for a discrete task.
The preferred candidate will have or be working toward certification: e.g. NH CWS, PWS, CPESC, CESSWI. The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel within New England are also required. The selected candidate will have a passion for consulting and advising, technical excellence, an ability to contribute to productive and dynamic teamwork, have leadership potential and a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with the BSC.
Competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered.