Are you a problem solver? Do you like to connect with people and have meaningful conversations about the planning process? Are you passionate about helping communities look at challenges in the built environment and find creative yet realistic solutions? Are you searching for an opportunity that allows you to work collaboratively on projects that foster more livable, vibrant, and resilient communities?
BSC Group is dedicated to engaging the community, sparking creativity, shaping the future, and achieving results. Our growing planning practice is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Planner to support a wide array of public sector projects, including urban revitalization, community planning, climate change, sustainable development, grant writing, and permitting support. Join our dynamic planning practice in a friendly, flexible and collaborative work environment. This full-time position will work out of our downtown Worcester office, which is a short walk from Union Station.
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary team of planners, engineers, scientists, and surveyors on the design, presentation, documentation and production of various urban revitalization and planning projects.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, generate, and present planning, land use, and urban design ideas.
- Conduct research and draft reports, maps, and graphics for planning and permitting documents.
- Coordinate directly with clients and subconsultants, preparing materials and presentations for team and public meetings.
- Engage the community by preparing presentation materials, attending client and community meetings, conducting public outreach, and facilitating community engagement programs
- Contribute, as needed, to project proposals and interviews.
- Provide internal support to BSC’s multidisciplinary team of project managers, as needed.
- Write at both a technical level and a strategic level for program updates, planning reports, PowerPoint presentations and funding applications.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Excellent technical writing, organizational and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with staff from different disciplines and backgrounds
- Knowledge of organizations, processes, policies and regulations associated with public sector planning and development
- A bachelor’s degree in land use planning, urban planning, regional planning, geography or a closely related field with minimum of five years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification desired.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s license.
- Attention to detail and passion for enhancing the communities we live in
- A desire to grow in the profession, dedication to excellence, and commitment to clients
Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and ArcGIS is highly desirable.