Join one of Massachusetts’ most reputable consulting engineering firms as our newest structural bridge engineer. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, we will provide long-term career growth and the ability to contribute to all facets of a project.
We are growing due to our successful portfolio of projects. This has created the following job opportunity, preferably reporting to our Boston office, we’re but open to other BSC locations.
Senior Structural Bridge Engineer (Project Manager) to provide engineering skills in the design, analysis and inspection of bridges as part of a skilled multidisciplinary team. The candidate will also manage unique projects and be involved in all aspects from project inception through construction. This position requires a track record of success on bridge projects and eagerness to take initiative.
- Perform bridge design in accordance with AASHTO LRFD Bridge and MassDOT Bridge Manual. Experience with DOT’s such as ConnDOT and NHDOT desirable
- Lead technical structural engineer and/or project manager
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and drawings, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, conformance to budgets, schedules and company standards
- Perform site inspections of bridge construction projects to evaluate conformance with contract plans and specifications
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Mentor junior engineers and help them to develop their technical and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a 4-yr accredited college or university. Master’s degree (MCE / MSCE) in Structural Engineering strongly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of related bridge design experience
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in MA. Ability to obtain a CT and a NH PE
- General office computer literacy, strong knowledge of AutoCAD (MicroStation is a plus), Structural Engineering software programs STAAD Pro, LEAP, AASHTOWare
- Complex bridge experience desirable
- Bridge Inspection experience desirable
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
- Strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment