BSC is seeking a Siting and Linear Permitting Specialist to support our continued focus on electric and natural gas transmission siting and permitting and linear transportation permitting in the southern New England region. The ideal candidate will have a focus and proven experience with the Massachusetts Energy Facility Siting Board/Department of Public Utilities (EFSB/DPU) filings in accordance with M.G.L. c. 164, section 69J and M.G.L. c. 164, section 72 and MEPA/NEPA permitting for large transportation projects.
This strategic opportunity has the potential to establish a siting practice at BSC by expanding services provided to our existing client base. Proven experience in siting large electric and natural gas transmission and linear transportation facilities in Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut also a plus. Primary responsibilities include the scoping, execution and management of siting and permitting of electric transmission, substation, and renewable facilities for energy clients, and complex linear permitting for BSC’s transportation team. Five to fifteen years of experience in siting and/or permitting linear facilities, specifically environmental analysis (leading and directing cultural, natural, and visual resource assessment), utility corridor siting (utility regulatory requirements, stakeholder interaction, and permitting requirements), and/or project management is required. Master’s Degree in Environmental Planning or Environmental Management and Policy is required. The successful candidate will be integral to BSC’s Energy and Transportation teams on new siting and complex linear permitting projects from existing energy and transportation clients. The Siting and Linear Permitting Specialist must have a proven relationship with key industry siting leads/attorneys, and experience with energy/transportation clients. The chosen individual should also participate in professional conferences and association committees, and be well known in the siting and permitting marketplace.
- Ensure that transmission siting/environmental/permitting activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices and standards of our clients, and per the regulations and procedures as required by federal, state or local regulatory agencies.
- Conduct or participate in public meetings and informational hearings, as needed.
- Work interdependently with a multidisciplinary project team to identify build-able, cost effective routes and facilities which minimize environmental impacts.
- Determinsiting/environmental/permitting risks, tasks, scopes, and cost estimates.
- Assist in and prepare environmental assessments and studies for transmission facility projects.
- Coordinate regulatory and local zoning applications (writing, exhibits, testimony, interrogatories, schedule, etc.)
- Organize and facilitate project meetings related siting/environmental/ permitting.
- Develop and monitor schedules to complete siting/environmental/permitting tasks and manage identified risks.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and public workshops.
- Assist in preparing testimony and testify before federal, state and local agencies concerning transmission routing and substation siting.
- Assist in evaluating the impact of proposed legislation and regulations on transmission projects and provide input to the development process.
- Build networks that extend through other companies, and regulatory agencies
About this Company
BSC Group is a leader in providing integrated planning and engineering solutions to public and private sector clients for land development, transportation, and energy projects throughout New England. Founded in 1965, the firm offers the services of more than 125 professionals operating from four offices in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Our consulting staff represents the best talents in planning, engineering, regulatory permitting and ecological science, landscape architecture, land surveying, and spatial information systems. We truly believe our greatest strength lies in our collaborative approach to projects, involving all members of our multidisciplinary staff as necessary, leading to better and more creative solutions throughout the life of the project. We also encourage the involvement of our clients in every step of the process, resulting in high quality planning and design that is technologically and environmentally sound, economically feasible, and aesthetically pleasing.
BSC offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), group life insurance, public transit subsidy and educational assistance, as well as a competitive salary.