BSC Group, a multidisciplinary environmental and engineering consulting company, is seeking a qualified, energetic, motivated individual for our Glastonbury, CT office. Our firm specializes in planning and engineering, design; wetland, wildlife, and other natural resources assessment; environmental impact analysis; permitting and regulatory compliance; landscape architecture, and GIS services for public, private and utility clients.
- 8-10+ years of applied environmental consulting experience (siting, permitting, project management and business development) with a market focus on electric and natural gas transmission.
- BS in Environmental or Biological Sciences or related field, MS preferred.
- Successful candidate must be able to work successfully in a project team environment as a team member, task manager or project manager, depending on project needs.
- Typical responsibilities include conducting wetland delineations using local, state, and federal delineation methodologies; preparing permit applications, conducting ecological studies, compliance/construction monitoring and reporting; analyzing impacts; and interacting with various state and federal agencies, as well as clients.
- Experience with local, state (CT and MA) and federal wetland permitting programs and regulations. Knowledge of RI and/or NH state regulations a plus.
- Experience in permitting linear transportation and/or utility corridor projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Including: ability to produce well-written reports and regulatory compliance documents; public hearing/presentation experience; ability to interact successfully with regulatory personnel.
- The preferred candidate will have the qualifications to meet the definition of soil scientist in the Connecticut Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Act. SSSSNE membership desired and a plus.
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel within New England are also required.
- The selected candidate will have a passion for consulting and advising, technical excellence, an ability to contribute to productive and dynamic teamwork, have leadership potential and a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with the BSC.
- Established track record of successfully preparing/directing the preparation of environmental siting and permitting submittals for energy generation and transmission projects including Natural Gas Pipelines, Facilities and Electric Transmission Facilities.
- Practical experience with New England States Energy Facilities Siting Boards, various state DEP/DEC Environmental Permitting Programs, FERC, and federal environmental permitting programs and policies.
- Technical expertise in environmental/energy regulatory programs, wetlands, wildlife, air/water quality and land use policy.
- Specific applied experience with an environmental consulting firm and/or regulated energy utility company in an environmental programs capacity.