Be part of one of Connecticut’s finest growing engineering firms by joining our team. If you are interested in building a foundation for long-term career growth and desire the opportunity to contribute to all facets of a project, then BSC Group can provide you this unique opportunity in transportation engineering.
BSC is seeking an entry level Transportation Designer for a position in our Glastonbury, CT office. The Transportation Designer will be responsible for handling day to day tasks related to the design of public infrastructure and transportation projects for CTDOT and CT Municipalities.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design of transportation-related infrastructure projects including highway, bicycle, and pedestrian improvements; drainage/stormwater; utility; and traffic focused projects.
- Under the supervision of senior staff, obtain project data and information concerning transportation engineering works and requirements including drawings, specifications, project cost information, etc.
- Preparation of reports documenting all findings, conclusions and recommendations resulting from the analysis.
Qualified candidates should be knowledgeable of Federal, State and Local design standards. The successful candidate will have the following:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with a Transportation / Highway focus is required.
- 0 to 4 years of experience transportation design including preparation of plans, profiles, sections, grading, utility, and drainage design. EIT in CT a plus.
- Experience with development of Transportation/Highway designs including bicycle and pedestrian focused projects a plus.
- CTDOT experience required with MassDOT experience a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation/InRoads with CTDOT DDE and/or AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team work, and communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
About this Company
BSC Group is one of the BSC Companies, a leader in providing integrated planning and engineering solutions to public and private sector clients for land development, transportation, and energy projects throughout New England. BSC Group is a collaborative practice of planners, engineers, and scientists who are thoughtfully transforming our environments with projects in site development, transportation, and energy. Founded in 1965, the firm offers the services of more than 125 professionals operating from four offices in Massachusetts and Connecticut. Our consulting staff represents the best talents in planning, engineering, regulatory permitting and ecological science, landscape architecture, land surveying, and spatial information systems. We truly believe our greatest strength lies in our collaborative approach to projects, involving all members of our multidisciplinary staff as necessary, leading to better and more creative solutions throughout the life of the project. We also encourage the involvement of our clients in every step of the process, resulting in high quality planning and design that is technologically and environmentally sound, economically feasible, and aesthetically pleasing.
BSC offers competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), life and disability insurance).