BSC Group, an interdisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting company, is seeking a qualified, energetic, motivated individual for our Glastonbury, CT office. Our firm specializes in engineering and design; wetland, wildlife and other natural resources assessments; construction compliance inspections; environmental impact analysis; permitting and regulatory compliance; landscape architecture, and GIS services for public, private and utility clients.
A successful applicant for the position will possess the following skills:
- Ideally has 1-3 years’ experience, or experience as an intern/conservation agent in environmental/wetland science and regulation or construction compliance monitoring in New England;
- BS in Environmental or Biological Sciences, or related field. MS a plus;
- Certified CT Soil Scientist or the ability to become a soil scientist a plus;
- Experience working with utilities a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to respond successfully to multiple demands and manage time effectively;
- CADD/GIS skills a plus.
Typical responsibilities will include conducting environmental compliance construction monitoring and reporting, wetland delineations using local, state, and federal delineation methodologies; preparing permit applications, conducting ecological research, analyzing impacts; collecting data and transferring data to appropriate reporting forms, and interacting with various contractors, state and federal agencies, as well as clients. The successful candidate will be trained and mentored.
The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively as a team member as well as work independently on assigned tasks.
The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel within central and southern New England are also required (CT and MA mainly), including spending some overnights close to field work locations. The selected candidate will have a passion for technical excellence, an ability to contribute to productive and dynamic teamwork, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with BSC.
Competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered.