BSC Group, an interdisciplinary environmental consulting company, is seeking a qualified, energetic, and motivated individual for our Manchester, NH office. Our firm specializes in engineering and design; wetland, wildlife and other natural resources assessment; environmental impact analysis; permitting and regulatory compliance; landscape architecture; and GIS services for public, private and utility clients.
A successful applicant for the position will possess the following skills:
- Ideally 6-10 years professional experience in water resources/wetland science and regulation.
- BS in Environmental, Biological Sciences, hydrology, or related field, with wetland delineation and impact assessment, watershed management and water quality assessments, and ecological restoration experience. MS a plus.
- Experience with local, state (NH, MA, CT, RI) and federal wetland permitting programs
- Understanding of climate adaptation.
- Experience with NPDES permit programs, ability to conduct compliance monitoring, and assist in selection of stormwater BMPs to impaired waters. Experience with innovative BMPs a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Including: ability to produce well-written reports and regulatory compliance documents; public hearing/presentation experience; ability to interact successfully with regulatory personnel.
- Experience preparing proposals: understand project scope and evaluating necessary levels of effort to complete certain tasks.
- Experience in coastal science, wildlife, fisheries, or related disciplines a plus.
- Experience in linear permitting a plus (highway, transmission).
Typical responsibilities include client coordination; preparing permit applications; conducting ecological studies; wetland delineation; compliance/construction monitoring and reporting; analyzing impacts; and interacting with various state and federal agencies, as well as clients.
Successful candidate must be able to work as a team member or as a team leader, depending on project needs.
The preferred candidate will be certified in their area of expertise (e.g. PWS, NH CWS, CPESC, CESSWI). The ability and willingness to travel within New England are also required. The selected candidate will have a passion for consulting and advising, technical excellence, an ability to contribute to productive and dynamic teamwork, have leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and have a desire to build a long and rewarding career with the BSC.
Competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible work schedule, are offered.