Become part of one of Massachusetts’ most reputable consulting engineering firms by joining our team. If you are interested in building a strong foundation for long-term career growth and you desire to contribute to all facets of a project, then BSC Group can provide you this unique opportunity.
BSC uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
A successful team member must:
- Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
Our continuing growth has created the following job opportunity:
Bridge/Structural Engineer or Designer to provide engineering skills in the design, analysis and inspection of bridges and team on diverse projects. The candidate will also assist in developing unique projects and being involved in all aspects through construction. Our engineers advance based on their developed skills and desire to learn and take on new challenges. BSC’s senior engineers are here to support and mentor you while you advance and develop new skills and expertise.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 2-8 years related experience
- EIT certification or the ability to take the FE exam within six months of hire.
- Strong AutoCAD experience, preferably on MassDOT projects.
- Exposure to bridge analysis and design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and responsible individual with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work cooperatively on multi-discipline projects
We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. Some of our team members are 100% remote and some enjoy an office environment. However, the majority of BSC’s workforce embraces a hybrid model, which allows people to work from home, job sites, and other remote locations, as well as any of our office locations when necessary.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We are focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.