BSC Group uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
A successful team member must:
- Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
We are seeking an entry-level Land Surveyor to join our talented team of Survey professionals. BSC provides immense opportunity for professional growth in a learning environment focused on excellence.
Working with experienced Land Surveyors, you will:
- Perform Surveying tasks under the direct supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor
- Prepare drawings, maps and reports using AutoCAD, Civil 3D software and related software packages
- Perform field work to support Survey projects
- Assist in maintaining Survey equipment and Survey AutoCAD templates
- Participate in planning, design and implementation stages of project work
- Collaborate with other design professionals (Engineers, Landscape Architects and Planners)
- Receive mentoring and guidance to develop your career in Land Surveying
The ideal candidate has:
- A BS in Land Surveying, Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Experience operating total stations, GPS equipment
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Willingness to learn all aspects of Surveying in both the field and office environments
- Proficiency in basic Engineering and Surveying calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Contribute to and participate in a collaborative team environment
We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. Some of our team members work remotely and some enjoy an office environment. However, the majority of BSC’s workforce embraces a hybrid model, which allows people to work from home, as well as any of our office locations when necessary.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We are focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.