Come join us as we strive to grow and become an industry leader in regenerative landscape design. Building on our strengths in engineering, environmental & ecological science, planning and landscape architecture, our regenerative design commitments extend from our environmentally sustainable design practice to social accountability initiatives. We recognize and celebrate different passions and perspectives as we strive to nurture and empower each other to create meaningful change in our environment through our projects.
BSC Group is seeking a Landscape Architect or Designer to join our dynamic and growing landscape architecture team. We emphasize creativity in the built environment that requires close collaboration with our clients, stakeholders, and colleagues to create responsible and transformational work. We embrace regenerative design while striving to dismantle barriers to social justice in order to build resilient and equitable spaces, landscapes, and communities. As a company that places people and communities first, we offer this excellent opportunity for talented individuals who desire to shape their own future and steer their career in a creative and supportive environment.
A successful team member must:
- Be passionate about the craft, science, and art of landscape architecture
- Be committed to lifelong learning, exploration, and growth.
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show flair and character. Bring your whole self to work!
The following experience is desirable:
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication and organizational skills
- Technical and creative writing skills
- Graphic skills (ability to create hand sketches is a plus)
- Production skills using products such as CAD, M-color, Rhino, Lumion, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Ability to prepare a full construction document set
- Ability and openness to travel to/from construction sites in the greater Boston area and occasionally other areas in New England
Applicants must have a degree in landscape architecture and additional applicable experience in landscape architectural projects and production. LA registration or ability to become registered is preferred but not required. A sense of humor is also preferred but not required.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services and all layers of leadership. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness (IDEA) are celebrated at BSC Group. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for team members, clients, and our communities. We believe every member of the BSC team enriches our diversity and fosters better understanding, identifying challenges and the ability to discover, design, and deliver better solutions
BSC offers a flexible work environment. We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. The majority of BSC’s workforce embraces a hybrid work model, which allows people to work from home, job sites, and other remote locations, as well as any of our six office locations when necessary.
This position is available immediately. Salary will be commensurate with similar positions at multidisciplinary firms in the Boston area and is negotiable depending on qualifications. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the above bulleted items. Representative work samples may also be submitted.