BSC Group uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
A successful team member must:
- Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
We are seeking a Resident Engineer to join our PM/CM group to work on a multi-year construction project. Specific tasks to include but not limited to:
- Observe the Work to determine conformance with contract documents and document with daily reports
- Oversee the testing program and verify the performance of tests in accordance with the contract documents
- Review of Contract Documents, Bulletins, RFIs, Submittals, Schedules, Pay Requisitions and Change Orders
- Identify incomplete, defective, unacceptable, or corrective items and issue non-compliance reports as required
- Observe and identify unsafe conditions
- Attend weekly job meetings
- Review contractor’s work plans
- Review monthly As-Builts
- Coordinate with local agencies
- 5-10 years-experience in overseeing civil construction projects
- BS in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or Operations Preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with other teams within the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We are focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.