Boston Housing Authority Boston, MA
Integrated Design for Boston Housing Authority Properties
BSC Group has gained extensive experience in working with the Boston Housing Authority by providing services for various housing development improvements throughout the City. Through these projects BSC has earned expertise in managing issues such as occupancy during design/construction, utility replacements, construction administration, and community/residential input. The following provides a summary of various housing projects.
- Evaluation of Tripping Hazards at Various Public Housing Developments- BSC conducted an evaluation of potential tripping hazards at more than 25 housing developments that involved the assessment of pavement conditions for sidewalks, parking areas, and driveways as well as curbing, exterior stairs and hand railings.
- Basement and Site Improvements at the West Newton Street Development- BSC provided engineering design and construction administration services for site grading and drainage, and the replacement of fencing, sidewalks, parking pavement, as well as damp-proofing foundations, mechanical ventilation, lighting upgrades, and the rebuilding of retaining walls.
- Repair and Replacement of Underground Sewer and Storm Drain Facilities at the Whittier Street Development- BSC designed repairs including the replacement of underground sewer and storm drain facilities, gained local approval, including approval from BWSC to proceed with construction.
- Utilities Replacement at the Lenox/Camden Complex– The design included new parking areas, walkways, and green space to permanently improve the appearance and living experience within the three-story development. BSC designed interim parking facilities to maintain resident parking capacity during the construction of underground utility improvements.
- Site Improvements at the Franklin Field Elderly and Family Development– BSC performed an inventory of existing conditions and provided subsequent design (including landscape and improvement alternatives) construction services and cost estimating for site improvements to address deficient storm drain systems.
- Mary Ellen McCormack and Old Colony Development– BSC provided civil/site engineering services as well as construction phase services for underground utilities improvements at the Mary Ellen McCormack Development and Old Colony Public Housing Development
- Orient Heights Family Development– BSC designed site improvements for this state-funded residential East Boston community built in 1955