Designing today with the
future in mind
Climate change is challenging our communities, infrastructure, and ecosystems with new extremes that impact our lives and livelihoods. BSC Group takes an integrated approach to helping clients understand their vulnerabilities and implement technical and nature-based solutions that not only endure but thrive into the future.
BSC's diverse team of planners, engineers, landscape architects, and environmental scientists apply current tools and methodologies to provide decision-makers with climate adaptation solutions that are cost-effective, resilient, and socially just. Through this lens, our team of industry experts works collaboratively to assure considerations of climate resiliency remain a key feature of project implementation. Our focus on co-benefits also seeks to address the source of climate change through applied solutions that draw upon natural and built carbon mitigation strategies.
- GIS hazard mapping
- Green infrastructure/low impact development
- Nature-based solutions including carbon mitigation strategies
- Stormwater management and flood protection
- Coastal and waterfront resiliency
- Climate resilient planning, permitting, and design
- Stakeholder engagement and education
- Disaster preparedness/business continuity review
- Grant application assistance
- Social resiliency and public health planning
- Massachusetts MVP provider services
Jeffrey T. Malloy, SSSSNE, CFM, Climate Adaptation Service Leader
Jeff leads BSC’s integrated team of planners, engineers, and scientists committed to incorporating resiliency planning as part of the design process. With more than 15 years of environmental planning experience, Jeff applies a sustainability perspective to a variety of projects types, including transportation, land use planning, and hazard mitigation. Jeff is a PhD candidate within the Natural Resources and Earth Systems Science Program at the University of New Hampshire, where he works toward the goal of identifying pathways to resilient policy approaches at the nexus of land use planning and climate change adaptation.
Contact Jeffrey at email@example.com.