Designing today with the
future in mind
Climate change is challenging our communities, infrastructure, and ecosystems with new extremes that impact our lives and livelihoods. BSC Group takes an integrated approach to helping clients understand their vulnerabilities and implement technical and nature-based solutions that not only endure but thrive into the future.
BSC’s diverse team of planners, engineers, landscape architects, and environmental scientists apply current tools and methodologies to provide decision-makers with climate adaptation solutions that are cost-effective, resilient, and socially just. Through this lens, our team of industry experts works collaboratively to assure considerations of climate resiliency remain a key feature of project implementation. Our focus on co-benefits also seeks to address the source of climate change through applied solutions that draw upon natural and built carbon mitigation strategies.
- GIS hazard mapping
- Green infrastructure/low impact development
- Nature-based solutions including carbon mitigation strategies
- Stormwater management and flood protection
- Coastal and waterfront resiliency
- Climate resilient planning, permitting, and design
- Stakeholder engagement and education
- Disaster preparedness/business continuity review
- Grant application assistance
- Social resiliency and public health planning
- Massachusetts MVP provider services
Jeffrey T. Malloy, PhD, CFM, Climate Adaptation Service Leader
Jeff supports clients’ efforts to incorporate climate resilient solutions into project planning and design. His 18 years of specialized expertise in environmental science, planning, and policy brings unique perspective to complex environmental issues. Jeff’s focus on building BSC’s climate adaptation practice has led the firm to adopt interdisciplinary approaches to climate resilient planning and design including nature-based solutions, public health, and social justice.
Contact Jeffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.